I'm really wishing I had access to a bathtub right now, as these yummy-in-my-tummy bath salts are smelling so good, and I'm thinking about a romantic valentine's day bath with candles, rose petals, (or, in this case, Calendula petals!).
Calming Calendula Bath Salts
- 2.5 cups Epsom Salt
- 2.5 cups Minera Dead Sea Salt (or Mineral salt of choice, something finer texture to balance out the coarse texture of the Epsom salts)
- 1/2 cup dried calendula petals -I used our resinous calendula grown by myself and the lovely folks at Swift River Farm
- 1/2 cup dried Chamomile
- 1/3 cup dried Yarrow flowers - I used wild yarrow, from the hills around our beautiful mountain property
- 10 drops Lemon Essential oil (uses - acne, wrinkles, anti-fungal and anti-microbial, digestive, and lifts the mood)
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil (uses - respiratory, digestive, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, relieves headaches, .. and so, so much more!)
- 5 drops Manuka Essential oil (uses - anti-dandruff, anti-inflammatory, relaxing, skin healing, and anti-allergenic)
If giving as a gift, mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Distribute to jars for a wonderful treat later. I like to use a small muslin bag to hold a handful or two of the salts in the water, so that the herbs don't create a cleanup session afterward! Essential oils can diffuse out of jars and containers overtime, and are best dropped directly into the bath to diffuse through the water, so consider that if your are treating yourself this valentine's day :)
You can also omit the salts and simply take a herbal bath with this blend, although the muscle-easing qualities of the salts are unmatched.